Lockwood Press offers a full range of editorial and production services for academic publishing, including
- Editing & copyediting. Our professional editors are fully conversant with the Chicago Manual of Style. They will correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors; review style for consistency and clarity; rewrite sentences for improved readability; check tables and figures for accuracy; and communicate with authors where meaning is unclear. Correcting English written by non-native speakers is one of our specialties. With twenty years of experience in technical editing, and special expertise with the languages and scripts of the ancient world, no job is beyond our skills. Rates vary depending on the complexity of the job. Follow the links below for more information or to obtain an estimate for your job.
- Proofreading. Proofreading will eliminate typos and formatting errors, either in manuscripts or page proofs.
- Indexing. Have a professional prepare an index to your specifications. One, two, or three levels.
- Print management. Lockwood Press will assist you through the printing process. We will obtain quotations from printers, apply for CIP data, and check printer’s proofs. In short, Lockwood Press can see your publication project through from start to finish.
- Publication design & layout. Lockwood Press uses the latest in page layout software to create distinctive and high-quality products that make a visual impact whether in print or on-line.
- Page composition & typography. Text design and production of full-length books for printing or Internet publishing, from text-only manuscripts to complex, fully illustrated titles. Our pricing is competitive and our turnaround time is quick.
- Graphic design (covers, brochures, newsletters, ads). Have Lockwood Press design and produce your newsletter or brochure, either in print or on-line. Of course, we also design covers for books, ebooks, and journals.
- Scanning and graphic preparation. Let us optimize the appearance of your illustrations in print. We can scan and/or perform photo editing and retouch/restoration, and chart and graph creation and cleanup to make your publishing project the best it can be.
- Image Guidelines. Tips and guidelines for ensuring that your figures, illustrations, and photographs turn out as desired.
- Ad Submission Guidelines. Information on providing advertisements for journals that we typeset.
Click here for more information on pricing. To request an estimate for your job email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Archaeological Institute of America
- Vergilian Society
- American Schools of Oriental Research
- Society of Biblical Literature